In my last few posts I’ve written about the new church plant in Rosarito, Mexico led by our friends, pastor Daniel Nuñez and pastor Leo Navarez. Daniel is the leader of Lo Mejor del Trigo (The Best of the Wheat) movement in Tijuana and beyond. Leo is the pastor of the church in Rosarito, which is Lo Mejor del Trigo’s 14th church! Praise the Lord for how He is moving through this ministry.
As I’ve thought about this church plant it’s reminded me of the kingdom of God. It’s reminded me of Jesus teaching on how the kingdom of God grows. In part it’s a mystery. It’s something God does as the gospel goes forth. The kingdom of heaven is a powerful and dynamic movement of the Spirit.
Jesus said in His teachings in Matthew 13:31-32,
“… The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in it branches.”
The kingdom of heaven is a beautiful thing. The Lord brings together sometimes unrelated parts to bring about expansive growth. If we look, if we pay attention, we can see the seed scattered. Then we begin to see these smallest of seeds bear fruit. They grow into something big and unexpected.
Some of the things I’m already seeing even as the church in Rosarito just celebrated their first service this past Sunday are:
- Pastor Leo remembering that his family owned some land in Rosarito, and realizing they could use that land to build the church.
- The Lord bringing two ministries together – Harbor Presbyterian Church and Lo Mejor del Trigo to plant this church.
- A mexican woman, Billy, at Harbor Mid-City who saw the video that Danny Kim put together. She got so excited, because she has family that live in Rosarito. She planned to invite all of them to the church. I’m anxious to hear what happened. How many came?
- A friend from one of our supporting churches just wrote me when he saw my letter about the new church in Rosarito. He said their church has been involved in a ministry to build homes for the homeless in Rosarito, but they didn’t have a church to connect them with. This new church could be an answer!
- Only time will tell of all the wonderful things that the Lord will do through this church. I’m thrilled to see all these different moving parts come together. Small seed growing!
I love the way God works, so encouraging to watch. Tell me, how have you seen God at work? How have you seen Him take something small, the smallest seed to bear much fruit?
Let’s Praise Him together for His mighty work!
In His Grip, Dave
P.S. I’d appreciate your prayers as we do prayer walks this week and next week in San Diego and Tijuana. Pray the Lord will give us His eyes to see!