On the Road Again!
Dawn and I have been busily preparing for our two week trip to Uruguay and Colombia. This will be the furthest South we’ve ever been, and it’s the longest trip we’ve been on in a while.
We would appreciate much prayer for open doors as we travel, and that we will be sensitive to the Lord’s leading. More than two years ago we started praying that the Lord would expand our borders, and enlarge our tent. We weren’t sure where the Lord was calling us, but we felt a burden to minister beyond the borders of Mexico.
Going Beyond the Borders of Mexico
Two years ago I took my first trip to Cuba and that rocked my world. Dawn has been able to go with me to Cuba two times. Those have been some of the most rewarding ministry trips that we’ve ever been on. God gripped our hearts and we fell in love with the people.
Red de Multiplicación – Multiplication Network!
While we are in Uruguay we will attend a church planting conference called, Red de Multiplication, which means Multiplication Network. I was able to go to their conference in El Salvador last year, and I was impressed with all the different kinds of denominational groups they are working with for the greater good of the kingdom. Dawn and I are thrilled that three of our Mexican partners are going with us, Pastor Daniel Nuñez, Pastor Abraham Velazquez, and Pastor Edson Martinez. They are wonderful friends and partners in the gospel!
After five days in Uruguay, we will fly to Colombia to visit some our colleagues and friends there. All the while we will be praying and exploring. We want to be sensitive to the Spirit as He leads us each moment along the way, and as he opens doors for us to minister.
Pray for Us as We Go:
- Our first day of traveling, which starts early Monday morning includes 20 hours of traveling until we reach Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Pray for our health, energy, and stamina.
- Pray that the Lord will open doors for us and that we can encourage the missionaries as well as the nationals we meet on the trip.
- Pray that Dawn and I stay unified on the trip.
- Pray for our time at the Red de Multiplicación conference.
- Pray for some good connections and excellent opportunities to minister in Bogota and Manizales Colombia.
- Pray for the Lord to watch over our family and our home while we are gone.
It’s possible that I won’t be able to post as much if at all while I’m on the road, so keep that in mind if you don’t see anything from me for a while. I do hope to be able to write at least once while I’m gone, but it’s hard to predict.
Thanks so much, dear friends for joining us on this journey!
In His Grip, Dave