God’s Faithfulness and Healing Touch
As we begin 2018 I give thanks for all that the Lord did in 2017. This last year has not been an easy year for Dawn and me. It’s been painful to mourn our daughter, Hannah’s moving to heaven. Yet, I believe the Lord has also brought us a tremendous amount of healing. I give thanks for the comforting arms of the Lord. I’m grateful for so many friends who have reached out to us and loved us.
Even though it has been a year where we’ve needed much encouragement, much love, and much prayer which has been like a salve to our wound, we’ve also seen advance in the ministry.
Milestones in 2017
Some of the ministry milestones for 2017 are:
- Renuevo Church launching in Ensenada in April
- Redeemer San Diego sending their youth group down to Ensenada to connect with Renuevo to reach out to teenagers through sports and a fun day.
- Redeemer San Diego partnering with Renuevo and bringing down a medical team to treat those with physical and spiritual needs. The doctor’s and the team that come down are so loving, and do such a wonderful job of sharing the love of Christ with their patients.
- Skyview Presbyterian coming to Ensenada for the fourth year to help Renuevo lead a summer VBS.
- Trained a number of pastors through the incubator that’s geared for church planters.
- Coached church planters in Tijuana and Ensenada.
- Raised the funds and helped build classrooms for one of the church plants in Rosarito that we started 2 1/2 years ago.
- Worked with our friends in Cuba to aid in training coaches.
- Gave leadership to MTW Mexico
Goals and Dreams for 2018
One of our biggest goals for 2018 is to plant a church in Hannah’s memory. We are still working on raising all the funds for the church plant. I spoke with pastor Daniel Nuñez this past week, and we’ve decided that we will build the new church on the weekend of April 13 – 15.
We also have a goal to get our church plant in La Paz, Mexico started in early 2018.
A goal that we have for MTW Mexico is to mobilize a minimum of one new missionary family to join our work in Mexico.
There are other dreams that we are praying for as we enter 2018. I’m starting to work on writing a book. I’ve actually begun working on it, but it’s been a challenge to figure out how to find time to write with all that’s going on.
Dawn and I have a trip to Mexico City this week from January 11 – 16, and from there, we will be going to Havana, Cuba from the 16 – 22. We need major prayer as we minister here on the Border, the Baja and Beyond. I feel that we need prayer especially as we begin to travel. Last year, we feel like we got a little worn out from all the traveling by the end of the year, so we hope to do a better job managing our schedule this year.
Thank you so much for loving us and standing with us dear friends!
In His Grip, Dave