A friend of mine sent me this encouraging report from The Christian Post about what God is doing in Mexico. “When missionaries and pastors serving in Mexico discuss drug violence, a common theme emerges. People are suffering and dying in terrible ways, they say, but the fear this creates is driving unprecedented numbers of Mexicans – especially teens and twenty-somethings – into the arms of Christ.”
There’s so much bad news being reported about Mexico, it is refreshing to see how God is using these trials to drive people to Christ! We’ve prayed for this.
One missionary state’s in the same article, “The Enemy uses deception through the media to paint a bleak, horrible, hopeless picture of Mexico, which isn’t a true one. There’s a tremendous uprising of youth coming to Jesus. Seeds that were planted year after year are coming to fruition. The time of harvest is now.” Keep praying with us for more harvest. Read more of the article here …
We are starting to see God open more doors for us on the border. As we move forward we meet opposition. We know that we need prayer support. We are getting ready to launch ESL training March 23-24, so that we can use ESL as an outreach with Harbor Mid-City starting April 13.
Here’s some of our requests:
- Pray for the Call family as they serve with us. Their family has endured a lot of change and transition moving 5 times over the last 5 years.
- Ray Call’s chronic health problems. Healing and maintenance. Pray specifically that this will not interrupt Ray’s effectiveness for God’s glory, but that He may use his weakness for His glory.
- For the ESL launch we need six teachers, one administrator/coordinator, one snack coordinator, volunteers to interact with those that come to learn English, Students to learn English and pray for Kristy Holliday who is coming to lead the ESL training March 23-24.
- Pray for Michele Call as she home schools five children.
- Pray for Ray and Michele as they work on improving their Spanish, so that they will be more effective on the border.
- We are praying for direction in areas of evangelism as we seek to strengthen Harbor Mid City’s outreach to Hispanics.
- Continue to pray for Dawn and me regarding the sale of our house. We need wisdom as to whether we should consider renting the house.
Pray for our new associate member, Jim DeWitt, as he helps us with administration and training.
- All three of us need more financial support: the Calls, Jim DeWitt, and Dawn and me. We are close, but it’s slowed down a little lately, so we need perseverance, encouragement and wisdom as we move forward.
- Praise the Lord for the team unity that we have, and that our team is growing. I just talked to a woman earlier this week that is going to begin the process to join MTW, and become a part of our team. That’s a huge answer to prayer.
Thanks for upholding us in prayer!
In His Grip, Dave