I hardly have time to reflect on and write about our last trip before we are on to the next trip. Dawn and I just returned from cold Colorado. I must admit that we’ve gotten soft now that we are living on the border with year-round mild temperatures.
We were in Colorado Springs for Village 7’s missions conference. A number of good things happened while in the Springs. We give thanks for God’s many good gifts:
- Wonderful opportunities to pray with and for others
- We got to see many of our very close and special friends
- We had a wonderful time with our son, Jonathan
- The Lord gave us many opportunities to tell our story, and about all that He is doing on the Border, The Baja and Beyond
- Many MTW colleagues and friends from other missions organizations were at the conference
- Despite the cold, the mountains in Colorado are breathtaking
When we are in Colorado we are always reminded of Hannah. There were a number of friends who we saw for the first time since Hannah moved to heaven. Dawn and I love to talk about our daughter, and yet it does bring up some emotions for us. I’m grateful for the Lord’s good and loving healing in our lives. When I think of how fragile we seemed last year at this time. God has been so good, and he is giving us strength as we continue to walk on this journey.
We came home just for a few days to catch our breath, but now we are off to Guadalajara for the weekend. We will be participating in the 20 year anniversary of one of the churches that our colleague and friend, Kenton Wood started. The Lord has used Kenton in some amazing ways over the years to see many won to Christ and discipled into the kingdom. His church, Rey de Reyes, “King of Kings” has started eight other churches as well.
We give thanks for the Lord’s good work, and we pray for more. More Lord, give us more!
Dawn and I appreciate your continued and ongoing prayer for us. Every day I feel like the Lord shows me the importance of prayer. It’s like air, we can’t live without it. Breathe in deeply God’s love and his grace. Let us all grow together as we approach the throne of God, a throne filled mercy and grace!
In His Loving Grip, Dave